Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Small World.

It was proposed to me the other day that my world is small. It got be wondering whose world is considered 'large', what really constitutes a 'large, big' world?
Is it what we do each day, our hobbies, our work, our interactions with other humans or is it what occurs within the mind? Or perhaps both? I suspect myself that a 'large' world is related to the fullness of ones life through experience.

In contemplating the above i began to question the notion of happiness. As conscious beings capable of experiencing emotion and processing thoughts it seems to me that striving to find 'the good life', a life of permanent happiness is unachievable. I think most of us know this if we stop to think about it, however on a day to day basis, it seems to me that the pressure to be happy positive people is a burden we all share. this is something I need to keep at the forefront of my mind when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and my mind keeps playing the same old message that I should be happy and that if I am not I have failed miserably.

However, this is easier than said!

No comments:

Post a Comment